Development and Hosting
For further information, call (949) 454-8215 or contact
us at email@example.com.
Hosting and Web/Database Development
and Support Services
- Basic and Virtual Websites
- SQL Server
- Microsoft FrontPage Server
- Microsoft Active Server
- Allaire Forums
- SMTP and POP3 mail
- Web Chat
- Secure Transaction Servers
- Excite Website Searching
Programming/Database Development and
- Access, SQL, dBASE, FoxPro, Excel
- Microsoft IDC/HTX
- Microsoft Active Server
- On-line Credit Card Processing
- Shopping Cart Applications
For more detailed information or
a price quote call NeoCom at (949) 454-8215
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Design, Development and Maintenance
- Web Architecture, Structure, Content,
Look and Feel
- NeoCom can assist you with the most important
component in the Web development process, the creation of your Web plan. We
examine such questions as:
- What information do you want to make available
and what information do you want to collect?
- What look and feel is desired?
- How will the information be structured to
maximize usability and retrievability?
- What navigation and content organization
techniques will be used?
- What inline images and/or photos will add
interest and value?
- What, if any, external media (images, sound
and video) will be accessible and what format(s) will be used?
- If forms are to be used, how will they be
designed and implemented?
- What, if any, of the proposed HTML+ tags,
elements, and attributes will be used in development of the Web pages?
- What will make the Web site interesting
and fun, so that people will want to continually return to your Web site?
- What other sites, if any, do you want to
have hyperlinks to?
- What Web tracking and usage data needs to
- Content Organization and Content Development/Conversion
- NeoCom can assist in developing new content
or in converting existing content into a format suitable for the Web. This
content can be for inclusion in a Web page or for inclusion in a database.
- Graphic Design and Development
- NeoCom offers a full range of graphic services,
including the development of logos, graphics, artwork, and photos, or we can
scan and convert your existing images and/or photos. We can also develop clickable
(imagemaps), interlaced and animated images; as well as Shockwave and/or Java
based images and presentations.
- Based on the Web plan, NeoCom develops and codes
also provide coding and conversion services to implement Acrobat (PDF), video
(MOV, AVI), RealAudio (RA) and sound (WAV, AU, AIFF) files.
- For websites that require a database backend
such as SQL Server, Access, dBASE or text files, we develop all required interfaces
and web pages using ColdFusion.
- Forms Design and Implementation
- NeoCom can develop fill-out forms and write
all required CGI scripts and/or ColdFusion templates.
- NeoCom uses Allaire Forums for those websites
that utilize discussion forums or on-line help components. We configure all
forums and manage all administrative aspects required by the client.
- Web Testing and Validation
- NeoCom tests all Web pages using all major Web
browsers. This is to ensure usability by the greatest number of users possible.
- NeoCom will, on an on-going basis, add to, modify
and maintain your Web pages.
|| Top of Page || NeoCom's Home Page
- Developing an
Internet Communications and Marketing Strategy
- The Internet has become a major communications
and marketing medium, along with television, radio, newspapers and magazines;
it probably will be the dominant interactive medium in the future. Because
the Internet is radically different from all other media, organizations must
have a specific strategy that effectively uses the strengths of this medium,
just as they have specific strategies for other media.
- To begin developing your strategy, you must
know the answers to at least these five questions:
- What is your purpose for being on the Internet?
- Who is your audience?
- What information do you want to provide
to your audience?
- What information do you want from your audience?
- What actions do you want from your audience?
- This may seem obvious, but different responses
to these questions will result in radically different implementation schemes.
In some cases, in addition to a Web Server, you may need other capabilities
(e.g. Email, Listservers, FTP and Gopher servers, special script handling,
special security handling, database support, etc.), or you may not need a
Web Server at all. Also, different responses can dramatically alter the look
and feel of your Web, as well as how it is organized and what functions are
- NeoCom staff have the background and experience
to analyze your business, to devise ways of using the Internet as an effective
communications and marketing medium to meet your Web presence goals, and to
assist you in the development of an effective strategy.
- Selecting an Internet
- If you do not plan to maintain your own Internet
site, then you will have to find an Internet Service Provider that can provide
you with all the necessary services. This can be one of the most important
tasks in the development of your Internet presence, yet most organizations
pay very little attention to it. NeoCom does not provide Internet connections
nor does it provide services such as Web servers (other than a home on NeoCom's
Web server), but NeoCom can help you select the Provider that is best suited
to meet your needs.
- In selecting the right Service Provider, the
following are some of the areas that have to be addressed.
- Services Provided
- Does the Provider offer all the Services
that you need to successfully implement your Internet presence? For instance,
in addition to a Web Server, can they support the other requirements that
you may need such as: adequate forms support, other CGI scripting, email,
database support, an FTP and/or Gopher server, a Listserver, security,
- Service Reliability
- Does the Provider have the reliability that
you require? If your services need to be up all, or almost all the time,
then your Provider probably has to have redundant equipment, links and
backbone networks so that no single failure will isolate part of the network
or system. If you cannot afford to be down for hours and possibly days,
then you have to have a Provider with a suitable backup and recovery process
as well as having an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that can keep
your system up and running for hours or days if there is a power failure.
- Service Availability
- Does the Provider provide the level of access
you and your users will require? If you or some of your users have to
dial in, what is the acceptable number of times to get a busy signal?;
for some services, it can take 20 tries to get through. In addition, if
required, do they provide the points of presence (POPs) you require?
- Service Performance
- Does the Provider provide the speed of throughput
you require? If you require a service that is not fraught with delays
or low throughput, then you must have a Provider with high-speed connections
from your server to the backbone.
- System Security
- Does the Provider provide the level of security
that you require? For instance, do you care that anyone can get into your
files and download them? Do you require secured transactions between the
user (client) and the server?
- System Support
- Does the Provider offer the level of support
you need? If something goes wrong with the system do you care whether
or not someone is at the site 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, to
fix the problem? Do they have responsive technical support staff to answer
- Provider Experience
- What level of experience do you require
from your Provider? Do you care how long they have been in the Internet
Provider business or how large a customer base they have or how happy
their customers are?
- What is it going to cost you? Cost is not
the most important issue, it is a significant issue, but it should be
weighed in light of all the other needs for your Internet presence. Low
or high cost does not ensure success, in fact, it can ensure failure.
You must determine what is the minimum cost to ensure success.
NeoCom also provides the following services:
- Register your Domain Name
- Help get the word out about your Web Site by
posting information in over 50 Internet search sites.
- Help you establish a FTP, Gopher, or List Server
|| Top of Page || NeoCom's Home Page
Please contact us at:
3595-B Paseo Del Lago W
Laguna Woods, CA 92637-7333
Tel: (949) 454-8215